What To Do If You're Arrested With Sexual Conduct Charges


If you were recently arrested with sexual conduct charges regarding a child, then you are probably freaking out and wondering what you can do. As soon as you are taken to jail for booking, there are a few things that you can do to ensure that you are treated fairly and that you can hopefully get out soon. 

Step 1: Call An Attorney

The first thing you should do when you are in jail is to find a trusted sex conduct attorney. These attorneys typically are criminal defense attorneys who also have some experience representing people who have been charged with sexual conduct charges of a minor. As soon as you find an attorney, you can retain them, and then they can get started on your case. The first step to getting started on your case may include connecting you with a bail bondsman. 

Step 2: Find a Bail Bondsman

If you are being charged with sexual conduct of a child charges, then chance are that your bail is set fairly high. If you or your family don't have the cash in your savings account to post your bail, then you should contact a bail bondsman. A bail bondsman will front you the money that you need to get out on bail for a fee so that you can get out, get back to work, and start focusing on your case. If you fail to appear in court or if you flee the state, then your bail bondsman can go after you or your family for compensation so that they aren't left without any money. 

Step 3: Stay Quiet

While you may be tempted to get online or talk to everyone you know about just how innocent you are, that's the last thing you should do. The only person who you should be discussing your case with is your attorney. Why? Because they are required to keep quiet by law and they won't use anything against you in court. Make sure that you stay offline and that you don't respond to people's posts about you, even if they aren't accurate. The more you talk to people, the more ammunition you are giving prosecutors to use in court. 

Being charged with any sort of legal case can be frightening, but if it involves sexual conduct regarding a minor, then your charges may be even more serious. If you want to learn a little bit more about what you should do, reach out to a sex conduct attorney like one at Robert J. Campos & Associates, P.L.C. 


11 February 2020

kids being charge with crimes they didn't commit

My son and a group of his friends got in some trouble for trespassing and were arrested. Every one of the boys that were there were charged with trespassing, criminal mischief and vandalism. I contacted all of the other boys' parents and we got together to discuss the situation. After hearing the boys' stories about what happened that day, we knew that we had to hire an attorney to get the boys out of some of the trouble they were in. I have been working on my blog to help other parents that are struggling with the legal system prosecuting their kids for things that they may not have done.